The University of Wales Trinity Saint David was formed in July 2010 by the merger of the University of Wales, Lampeter and Trinity University College, via a supplementary charter to Lampeter’s 1828 royal charter
In 2008, a QAA report on Lampeter concluded that, although the quality of the university’s degrees was satisfactory, they had “limited confidence” in the institution’s quality assurance procedures and systems. Further to this assessment, HEFCW commissioned a further report which found “very real problems of leadership and management” at the university. As a direct result, in December 2008, Lampeter announced that it was in merger talks with Trinity with the intention of forming a new university. This was formally announced in April 2009, when the institution’s new name, University of Wales, Trinity Saint David, was revealed. The university received its first students in September 2010. The name of the institution is a combination of Lampeter’s original name (Saint David’s College) and the name of Trinity University College.
Faculty of Architecture, Computing and Engineering
Swansea College of Art
Faculty of Business and Management
Faculty of Humanities and Performing Arts
Yr Athrofa: Institute of Education
Halls of residence