• In 1969 Bristol Polytechnic is founded.
• In 1992 Bristol Polytechnic gains University status, becoming the University of the West of England (UWE).
• Today UWE Bristol is the largest provider of Higher Education in the South West of England.
• There has been strong emphasis over the years on building close partnerships with businesses and organisations locally, nationally and internationally.
Faculties and departments:
Arts, Creative Industries and Education
• Arts and Cultural Industries
• Art and Design
• Film and Journalism
Business and Law
• Bristol Business School
• Bristol Law School
Environment and Technology
• Architecture and the Built Environment
• Computer Science and Creative Technologies
• Engineering Design and Mathematics
• Geography and Environmental Management
Health and Applied Sciences
• Allied Health Professions
• Biological, Biomedical and Analytical Sciences
• Health and Social Sciences
• Nursing and Midwifery
• Learning facilities include: a 24-hour computer lab, libraries on each Campus, a mock courtroom, a forensic Crime Scene House, a wind tunnel, a flight simulator, a financial trading room, and a host of specialist labs and studios.
• Social facilities include: a high-quality Centre for Sport, an on-campus cinema, a Centre for Performing Arts, a NatWest Bank, four bars, numerous shops and cafés.