Leeds Beckett University (LBU), formerly known as Leeds Metropolitan University (LMU) and before that as Leeds Polytechnic, is a public university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It has campuses in the city centre and Headingley. The university’s origins can be traced to 1824, with the foundation of the Leeds Mechanics Institute. Leeds Polytechnic was formed in 1970, and was part of the Leeds Local Education Authority until it became an independent Higher Education Corporation on 1 April 1989. In 1992, the institution gained university status. The current name was adopted in September 2014.
- Leeds School of Arts.
- School of Built Environment, Engineering and Computing.
- Leeds Business School.
- School of Cultural Studies and Humanities.
- Carnegie School of Education.
- School of Events, Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- School of Health.
- Leeds Law School.
- Leeds School of Social Sciences.
- Carnegie School of Sport.
- Department of Languages.