Bahçeşehir University (BAU) is a private educational institution in Turkey, located around the Bosporus in Istanbul. The Turkish National Assembly authorized the establishment of the University of Bahçeşehir by the Bahçeşehir Uğur Education Foundation in 1998. An academic and strategic protocol was signed shortly after (February 1998) with San Diego State University in California, USA. The enrollment of the first students was made after the first placement exam (ÖSYS) in the 1999–2000 academic year. The university is one of the few universities in Turkey which has its lectures in English and therefore students applying to BAU are required to have high English proficiency.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Economics, Administrative and Social Sciences.
- Faculty of Communication.
- Faculty of Architecture and Design.
- Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences.
- Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Faculty of Medicine.
- Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences.
- Graduate School of Social Sciences.
- Vocational School.
- English Preparatory School.